Author(s): Ahsen ARMA?AN
Loneliness is having no ability to get out of the cocoon knitted itself , as a result of detaching the belongings to the other world, with the retirement of consciousness and senses of human into oneself. Interaction and communication can be qualified that being integrated with the other consciousness and senses and to put the meaning to its own existency.
So that, the main aim of this study, to identify the loneliness level of university youth, to determine whether this level changed or not on the basis of demographic variables, also with determining the communication ability level to reveal whether the loneliness and this level is related to each other or not.
Taking the aim of the research into consideration, the term of loneliness and interpersonal communication was theoretically explicated from different points of view and the relationship between communication ability and loneliness which will give the original character to the research was emphasized in the 2nd part of the study, an area study based on theoretical informations was placed.The research has descriptive and resulting quality. The acquired data were analized, statistically. In the analysis, frequency and percentage distribution, non-parametric correlation, factor analysis and reliability test were carried out for subcategories, N-Par Kruskall Wallis H and N-Par Mann Whitney tests were applied and evaluated by interpretation of the data. The results of statistical analysis are listed below:
• Male students suffer from loneliness more than females.
• 17-20 year old students suffer from loneliness more than the other groups of age.
• The students having the perception of democratic management and great success in school life, don't suffer from loneliness.
• Again the female students grown up in a family having democratic management and having a great success in school life are more successful on communication ability than the others.
• It was determined that the greater success in communication ability brings the lower loneliness level and there is a correlative relationship between these 2 facts.